Monday, October 1, 2018

About Me

Hello! Welcome and thank you for checking out my page. I love reading and I had have a place for all my crazy thoughts, so thats what this page is for. My name is Carolyn. My love of reading blossomed when I was a child. I remember watching my mom read and I would try to sit on the couch with her and read. It wasn't until I was in fourth grade however, my aunt gave me the first four Harry Potter books for Christmas. I read them that following summer and ever since, I have always had a book within 5 feet of me. I am a mom of two and a daycare provider. if I do nothing else right with any of these children but pass on the love of reading for a few of them, I will be so delighted.

My husband and I got married the summer of 2014. We met a few years before that thanks to some mutual friends. He was in the U.S. Army for almost 10 years. He is now a First Responder on the Fire Department and Ambulance in our community. Our girls love it because that means lots of parades in the summertime. We have two beautiful little girls: Edith (3) and Irina (1).

My favorite genre is Psychological Thrillers. I love trying to beat the author to the conclusion like I'm a detective. I guess its from watching Law & Order, Criminal Minds, and CSI shows growing up. I am also a sucker for YA Fantasy. I joined a book club earlier this year so they have gotten me into some Womans Fiction as well. I'm still getting used to that as I have a hard time getting interested into something that is cheesy. I have been known to enjoy some Historical Fiction. If it has too much to deal with the wars then its generally not my thing. Throw me in a castle thought with all the candles and drama and I'm hooked!

This year I have really been getting into audiobooks. I avoided them for the longest time because I do love actual reading so much. But as a wife and mother... there are a lot of responsibilities: cleaning, laundry, dishes, cooking, walking the dog. I find these tasks way more enjoyable with one ear bud in and a good audiobook going. Yes, I say one earbud... have to keep the other one out so I can listen for when the kids are getting into something or getting out of hand. I also have found I can do multiple hobbies at once. I love to crochet and do puzzles... yes I'm an old soul at heart, haha. With audios,  I can enjoy other hobbies with the joy of still making it through my TBR, which is forever long.




No comments:

Post a Comment