Monday, October 1, 2018

Book Club is Back!!

Last spring I was up at the bar with a girlfriend of mine for her birthday. We were standing around talking about kids and our husbands, lovely conversations as always. Suddenly, she turns to her cousin and they start talking about bookclub... Wait What! I of course got excited and asked the for all the details. They were currently reading Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. What a coincidence, as I was too. So for their next meeting I tagged along. They had it set up were everyone suggests a book and then they vote on it and that is the book we read. 
👑👑👑👑👑

I guess there were some issues as to how that was playing out because come this fall our "president" put out a text message and she drew names and assigned a girl to each month. I guess this works out better s that everyone can have a chance to select a book. I got selected for September so I was kind of nervous, setting the bar for the year and having to choose a book that everyone would love after not reading all some (for some of them). So I chose, It's Always the Husband by Michele Campbell. 

This book was perfect. Every girl in my book club was excited to read it. It was the perfect book to get everyone back into the groove. I feel like this book was the definition of suspense. At one point my suspect list was like nine people long! I love the twist and turns. It always keep you guessing, right when you think you have it figured out Campbell thoughts you for a huge curb ball making you question everything you  were thinking. A lot of times when I read mysteries I feel like by about half way I'm already concluding the end of the book and I really struggle to finish them without skimming. It's Always the Husband held my attention the entire book. I couldn't wait to finish it to see how far away from the right answer I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment